- Interact with the elephants
- Learn everything about these massive animals
- Walk hand-in-trunk with the elephants
- Optionally ride the elephants
- Enjoy a tasty lunch on the observation deck
Would you like to bond with an elephant? Get really close-up and personal? Then come with us on this half day tour to the Elephant Sanctuary in Hartbeespoortdam.
The Elephant Sanctuary Group has 13 African Elephants that have been rescued from various problematic situations such as: hunting concerns, zoos, circuses and from relocation programmes where there there have been overpopulations of elephants.
The Elephant Sanctuary at Hartbeespoort is home to four of these Elephants: Mosadi, Themba, Khumba and Mvuso who you will get to meet. Each elephant has its own personality, likes and dislikes,temperament and your guide will facilitate your acquaintance with these gentle giants.
During your visit, you will experience a full elephant interaction program and we highly recommend that you maximize your experience by riding the elephants. This will enhance your understanding of how magnificent these animals are and how graceful their movement is.
After this impressive experience with the big grey beasts, enjoy a tasty lunch on the observation deck. This tour is great fun for the whole family!
Our morning tour starts at 7:30. Our afternoon tour starts at 12:30.
- Transfer in a comfortable, air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance to Elephant Sanctuary
- Lunch at the Sanctuary
- Elephant back riding advise us in your enquiry under ‘special request’)
- Food and drinks other than stated
- Personal purchases
- Tour Type
- Starts at
per person sharingR 2,400
per person single
Door-to-door pick-ups in Johannesburg